Friday, June 23, 2006

Still slacking

So, the mediated slacker has been noticeably slacking these last few weeks. I'd like to have a good excuse, but really I've been watching obscure, and increasingly bad, British TV after work for two weeks straight. And going to see movies. And taking a standardized test in an absurd bid to make myself look attractive to people who will graciously allow me to live in poverty for the honor of receiving their training and wisdom.

But I have posts planned, and one I even have a draft waiting for me to do a final rewrite sometime this weekend.

  1. Why the second season was, imho, the best season of West Wing, and how Sorkin's best reflects the uneasy tension between patriarchal liberalism and feminist liberalism.
  2. Voice, authority, gossip, the four year election cycle, ostriches, and why Inconvenient Truth is an interesting film, even though it is mostly a powerpoint (actually, I think he might have been using keynote) presentation. Or at least some of the reasons.
  3. How the TV show Hex features queer characters, but still punishes them in the usual way. With death.
But in the meantime, I'm thinking about last week's (in Britain anyway) Doctor Who, humour, narrative structures, fictional heterosexual relationships and misogyny.

I was not amused and I know why, but I want to know why anybody would even think of that ending as a "happy" ending, of sorts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home